Low Pressure Rotary Seals - Double lipseals
VR radial sealing rings seal rotating shafts, spindles, journals and all rotating axes.
The main advantage of the VR radial shaft sealing ring is the low torque on the rotating element to be sealed.
The torque is reduced by 50% to 60% compared to conventional lip seals.
- The use of standard or stainless steel shafts
- Removal of surface treatments: carburizing, hard chrome plating, etc…
- The direction of rotation is irrelevant
- High non concentricity (up to 0.4mm)
- Roughness Ra 0,4 ED
- Temperature from -50°C to 300°C
- A very low friction on the shaft
- Very low heat build-up
- High linear velocity up to 40m/s
- Use at pressures up to 15 bar
- Use with many fluids (8 different standard elastomers)
- Reduced space requirement
- Gear pumps
- Screw pump
- Pumps for chemical products
- Motor shaft sealing
- Sealing of gearbox shafts, gearboxes, screw compressors, etc…
The operation of the VR joints is based on 2 fundamental characteristics:
- A radial force between the seal lip and the shaft
- Additional pre-tension of the lips on the axis